Note to Opera-mini users:
Kindly switch to your default browser or any other browser(Chrome/Firefox/UCbrowser) to enjoy the full functionality of TheQEffectz
Currently available are:
10. How to Sew A Sixpieces dress
Also included in this E-pattern are instructions on how to print and assemble the pattern. It is available in Size 2,4,6,8,10,12,16,18 and you only need an A-4 paper to print it out. So if you are interested in simply tracing out the pattern of a female shirt in any size, please click here to purchase the E-pattern. It costs $1.00 which is equivalent to N480.
A Shirt dress is a shirt that extends beyond the hips. Unlike shirts which stop at the hip, a shirt dress extends beyond that length and can be either pleated by the waistline, gathered or belted. It is a casual form of outfit that can be worn for events, parties, e.t.c
So on this tutorial, I’m going to be showing you via pictures and demonstrations how to sew one. See here to download the E-pattern for a female shirt. With this E-pattern, sewing a shirt dress is made simpler and easier to understand. More interestingly, you’ll be able to make anything relating to a shirt.
1. Female Shirt pattern: If you are a beginner, I’ll insist you purchase the E-pattern from our shop, here.
2. Body statistics:
a. Length of shoulder:
c. Under Bust
f. Half length (i.e from shoulder to ‘Above knee’).
g. Sleeve Length(i.e Shoulder to wrist)
3. Fabric of choice and lining (if necessary): Your fabric of choice should be about 2.5 yards (depending on your hip statistics and how wide you want the flare of your dress to be) and the lining yards should be 2 yards. I used chiffon fabric which presently costs N350 per yard. Lining cost N150 per yard.
4. Gumstain/ Interface: You will need 0.5 yards of “Light” gumstain/interface. It currently sells @ N50 per yard.
5. Buttons: Depending on how long you want your dress to be, you’ll need about a dozen and half number of buttons.
6. Measuring tape and scissors
7. Tailor chalk and ball pins
8. Sewing machine.
1. Cutting The Female Shirt Pattern on Fabric: Place your pattern on your fabric of choice
SORRY THIS TUTORIAL IS NOLONGER AVAILABLE FOR FREE.
KINDLY CLICK ON THE PHOTO BELOW TO DOWNLOAD IT FOR $0.80 ~ N570
“I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”- Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
LOVE TO BE A PART OF THE Q EFFECTZ TEAM?